How do I know if I need HAZMAT training?

If you are shipping any regulated material (including aerosols, paints, chemicals, batteries, just to name a few) you should be trained in the regulations and be aware of the hazards that your products pose. If you perform any of the following pre-transportation functions you will also need hazmat training: 

  • filling a container,
  • securing a container,
  • determining the hazard class of a material,
  • marking and labeling packages, 
  • reviewing shipping papers,
  • certifying shipping papers,
  •  placarding
  • and providing emergency response information. 

This would make you a hazmat employee and fall under the requirements of 49 CFR.

If you are still not sure, please contact us at 724.580.1040 or email us at [email protected]

Training Tags: