OSHA Top 10 Most Cited Violations Fiscal Year 2022
Are We Improving As An Industry?
Recently announced at this year’s National Safety Council Safety Congress and Expo held in San Diego, California, the acting Director of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Directorate of Enforcement Programs, Patrick Kapust, announced the 2022 Top 10 most cited violations before its official publication.
The Expo is one of the largest meetings of safety professionals and is a 6-day safety extravaganza. While not much changes from year to year, some violations improve slightly, while others continue to get worse. It may come as no surprise to some, but holding down the top spot for what must be a record breaking 12 years in a row is…
- Fall Protection– General Requirements (1926.501): 5,260 compared to last year’s 5,295 violations.
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424 compared to last year’s 1,947 violations. Up 3 spots from last year’s #5 spot
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,185 compared to last year’s 2,527 violations. Down one spot from last year’s spot #2.
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143 compared to last year’s 2,026 violations. Down one spot from last year’s spot #3
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058 compared to last year’s 1,948 violations. Down one spot from last year’s spot #4.
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977 compared to last year’s 1,698. No change in spots.
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,749 compared to last year’s 1,420 violations. Up two spots from last year’s spot #9.
- Fall Protection-Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,556 compared to last year’s 1,666 violations. Down one spot from last year’s spot #7.
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment– Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,401 compared to last year’s 1,452 violations. Down one spot from last year’s spot #8.
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370 compared to last year’s 1,113 violations. No change in spots.
Total Violations 2022: 22,123 compared to last year’s 21,083 violations. Sadly, it appears as an industry we were collectively less safe this year compared to last year. Thankfully for you, Transportation Compliance Associates, Inc. has compiled a suite of industry leading OSHA courses to help you continue your downward trend of safety violations.
Our learning courses are purposefully designed with 29 CFR 1910 in mind. Each of our 145+ individual classes were specifically developed by OSHA professionals to contain quality OSHA compliant safety training for workers who are exposed to countless hazards on the job.
Whether you need one class, or a multi-business training package, Transportation Compliance Associates offers classes covering OSHA’s Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards along with a whole host of other options. Let us take the guesswork out of compliance training and help you achieve all your safety and compliance goals. For a FREE consultation call us at (724) 899-4100 or check us out at learnhazmat.com and one of our team members will help you decide what industry leading training and compliance program best suits your needs