How Long Do You Have?
As Covid-19 rages on and a new threat lurks in the background (Monkeypox), straining an already exhausted supply chain, The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) decided to “Extend and Amend” its Emergency Declaration which was set to expire on May 31, 2022.
The FMCSA announced on May 27, 2022 via its website, the Extension and Amendment of the Modified Emergency Declaration No. 2020-002 Under 49 CFR § 390.25 which continues to give hours of service relief for drivers. For now, the newly extended declaration will last until August 31, 2022, but as history has shown, this may change and get extended again.
This latest extension affects transportation of certain commodities listed below and has now added diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) to its list of qualifying commodities.
• Livestock and livestock feed
• Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis, and treatment of COVID-19
• Vaccines, constituent products, and medical supplies and equipment including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19
• Supplies and equipment necessary for the community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, and disinfectants
• Food, paper products, and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores; and
• Gasoline, diesel, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), jet fuel, ethyl alcohol, and heating fuel including propane, natural gas, and heating oil.
To read the Emergency Declaration Extension in full, click HERE! And don’t forget, drivers must still comply with all other regulations, not covered in the declaration. So make sure to check out our DOT hazmat training to make sure you stay compliant.
In the meantime, if you enjoyed this short read, don’t forget to check out our other blogs or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to be the first to know when new content like this drops. You can also, opt-in to our newsletter for exclusive offers, regulation changes, and industry news!
And if you still have questions or are unsure about what industry leading training or compliance solution best works for you, make sure to contact us for a 100% FREE CONSULTATION at 412-249-1111 or visit us at www.learnhazmat.com. One of our dedicated team members will be waiting help answer all your questions about achieving your safety and compliance goals!