In a seemingly never ending battle against Covid-19 and other communicable diseases, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has extend its Modified Emergency Declaration for the sixth time on August 31, 2022 until 11:59 EST on October 15, 2022. If you are confused about which extension this refers to, it was originally released on March 13, 2020 to give hours of service relief to drivers.
Although it is set to expire next month on the 15th, I would not be surprised to see it extended once more as we continue to battle supply chain issues, monkey pox, covid-19, and a recession. To see if you are exempted, check the list below:
- Livestock and livestock feed
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis, and treatment of COVID-19
- Vaccines, constituent products, and medical supplies and equipment including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19
- Supplies and equipment necessary for the community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, and disinfectants
- Food, paper products, and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores; and
- Gasoline, diesel, diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), jet fuel, ethyl alcohol, and heating fuel including propane, natural gas, and heating oil.
To read the Emergency Declaration Extension in full, click HERE! And don’t forget, drivers must still comply with all other regulations, not covered in the declaration. So, make sure to check out our DOT hazmat training to make sure you stay compliant.
In the meantime, if you enjoyed this short read, don’t forget to check out our other blogs or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to be the first to know when new content like this drops. You can also, opt-in to our newsletter for exclusive offers, regulation changes, and industry news!
And if you still have questions or are unsure about what industry leading training or compliance solution best works for you, make sure to contact us for a 100% FREE CONSULTATION at 412-249-1111 or visit us at www.learnhazmat.com. One of our dedicated team members will be waiting help answer all your questions about achieving your safety and compliance goals!