Your Voice Matters
On July 5, 2023 the Department of Transportation (DOT) Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) published its Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) regarding Modernizing Regulations to Improve Safety and Efficiency. In short, PHMSA is looking for comments from stakeholders on 46 different topics to better modernize the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) and improve efficiencies. Topics under consideration include but not limited to:
- Evaluation of Carrier Maintenance of Emergency Response Information
- Aerosol Classification Alignment
- Residue IBC Exceptions
- Requirements for Damaged, Defective, or Recalled Lithium Cells and Batteries
- Limited Quantity Training Exception
- Creation of Basic Description and Shipping Description Definitions
- Oxidizing Gases by Air
- LTD QTY Shipping Paper Exception by Vessel
- Identification of Freight Containers in Rail Transportation
- Tank Car Manway Inspections
- Segregation of Detonating Explosives for Highway Transportation
- NTSB Safety Recommendations R–20–1 to R–20–4
- Placard Display on Intermediate Bulk Containers
With 46 unique and different topics there is like one or more topics applicable to your given situation. For a more in-depth look at the full proposed rule you can click HERE NOW!
Keep in mind you have until October 3, 2023, to comment and make your opinion known. The easiest way to do so it by going to the Federal eRulemaking portal at https://www.regulations.gov/ and follow the online instructions. And don’t forget your comments will be identified by docket number HMSA–2019–0031 (HM–265A).
Remember, if you enjoyed this short and informative read, don’t forget to follow us on all our social media outlets at Facebook and LinkedIn to be the first to know when new content like this drops. Another important resource at your disposal is to opt-in to our monthly newsletter that offers you even more regulatory news, special offers, and industry insights.
If you’re in need of immediate help, you can always contact us directly through our website at www.learnhazmat.com or give us a call at 412.249.1111 for a 100% FREE CONSULTATION and one of our dedicated team members will help you decide what industry leading training or compliance solution best fits your needs!