Amending The Occupational Injury and illness Recordkeeping Requirements
You may be like one of the many thousands of employers who must record and submit its injury and illness records to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) under 29 CFR Part 1904. However, if you are not, it should be noted that OSHA recently submitted its final rule to the federal register, and it may affect you. On July 21, 2023, OSHA submitted its final rule which amended its previous regulations to now require:
- Establishments with 100 or more employees in certain designated industries will be required to submit their OSHA Forms 300 and 301 annually.
- Establishments with 20 to 249 employees in certain industries will continue to be required to electronically submit their OSHA Form 300A annually.
- All establishments with 250 or more employees that are required to keep records under OSHA’s injury and illness regulation will also continue to be required to electronically submit their Form 300A annually.
- Updates to the NAICS codes used in appendix A and adding appendix B.
- Establishments will also be required to include their company name when making electronic submissions to OSHA.
The final rule becomes effective on January 1, 2024. For a full rundown to see if you may be affected by this new rule, it can be viewed by clicking HERE NOW!
In the meantime, while we all wait for the final rule to go into effect, if you enjoyed this short and informative read, don’t forget to follow us on all our social media outlets at Facebook and LinkedIn to be the first to know when new content like this drops. Another important resource at your disposal is to opt-in to our monthly newsletter that offers you even more regulatory news, special offers, and industry insights.
If you’re in need of immediate help, you can always contact us directly through our website at www.learnhazmat.com or give us a call at 412.249.1111 for a 100% FREE CONSULTATION and one of our dedicated team members will help you decide what industry leading training or compliance solution best fits your needs!