PHMSA FINAL RULE ALERT
Let’s jump right into it people! The Department of Transportation (DOT) Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) just released its Final Rule on 07/26/22 to amend the Hazardous Materials Regulation (HMR) to stay consistent with international regulations and standards.
Some of these changes include (but not limited to) adoption of certain amendments relative to:
- Changes to proper shipping names
- Hazard Classes
- Packing Groups
- Special Provisions
- Packing Authorizations
- Air Transport Quantity Limitations, and;
- Vessel Stowage Requirements
- Better Alignment with Transport Canada’s Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Withdrawal of the October 21, 2020 Notice of Enforcement Policy that allowed shippers to follow the most current publications of the ICAO Technical Instructions and IMDG Code while HM-215 was pending.
You can find a list of important dates below, but if you want to take a deeper look at the final rule, click HERE NOW!
- Effective Date– August 25, 2022
- Voluntary Compliance Date– January 1, 2021
- Delayed Compliance Date– July 26, 2023
- Incorporation By Reference Date– August 25, 2022
If you’re looking for industry leading training or compliance solutions, make sure to check out our course catalog or professional solutions to keep you in compliance. If you still have questions or are unsure about what industry leading training or compliance solution best works for you, make sure to contact us for a 100% FREE CONSULTATION at 412-249-1111 or visit us at www.learnhazmat.com and one of our dedicated team members will be waiting help answer all your questions about achieving your safety and compliance goals!
And,if you enjoyed this short read, don’t forget to check out our other blogs or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to be the first to know when new content like this drops. You can also, opt-in to our newsletter for exclusive offers, regulation changes, and industry news!