Mark Your Calendars: IATA CBTA
It’s Closer Than You Think
Can you believe we are already over halfway through 2022? It feels like just yesterday we were hearing about COVID-19 and possible lockdowns to contain its spread. Fast-forward 2.5 years, and another major change is coming, except this time in the form of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA). While not as ominous as a virus that ripped through globe, it can still be a bit frightening for some as there is still a bit of mystery surrounding it, not to mention change is often a bit scary for some.
Starting January 1, 2023, the new CBTA approach will become mandatory for dangerous good training. The main differences between traditional training and the new competency based is:
- Based on Job Title
- Subject-matter Driven
- Wide Scope of Knowledge
- Based on Job Function
- Aims to Reach Performance
- Tailored content and measurements
- Continuous Assessment
The new CBTA will essentially be broken down into 5 phases:
- Analysis– Analyze the training needs which are specific to the employer’s environment and requirements.
- Design– Here the development of an assessment plan will be formulated to assess the competency of trainees and a training plan used to implement and deliver the training course.
- Develop– This is where the training and assessment materials are formed based off of phase 2
- Implementation– The application portion of the phase.
- Evaluation– This phase is an ongoing phase where a culmination of course results, trainee feedback, reports, audits, and other sources of evaluation should take place to improve processes and determine competency. Employers are encouraged to have more say in an employee’s competency, however IATA notes an “appointed assessor” may be responsible for evaluating effectiveness of the program.
For a more in-depth look at the who, what, and why click HERE and immerse yourself in all the changes. As the deadline gets closer we will remind you again of the impending change.
In the meantime, if you need industry leading training or compliance solutions, make sure to check out of course catalog or professional solutions to keep you compliant! If you still have questions or are unsure about what industry leading training or compliance solution best works for you, make sure to contact us for a 100% FREE CONSULTATION at 412-249-1111 or visit us at www.learnhazmat.com. One of our dedicated team members will be waiting help answer all your questions about achieving your safety and compliance goals!
And,if you enjoyed this short read, don’t forget to check out our other blogs or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to be the first to know when new content like this drops. You can also, opt-in to our newsletter for exclusive offers, regulation changes, and industry news!