ETS on the way…Maybe.
If you haven’t heard already, earlier this week the White House announced it would be calling on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to issue a vaccine mandate to large private sector employers who have 100+ employees. This comes on the heels of the fast-moving Delta variant that is wreaking havoc on the US.
While the vaccine mandate is just one part of the “emergency temporary standard,” President Biden has tasked OSHA with also implementing the following guidance in relation to vaccinating the unvaccinated:
- Employers with 100 + employees to require vaccination or weekly testing
- Employers will be required to offer paid time off to allow vaccination as well as time for recovery if they become sick after receiving the shot.
- Requiring vaccination for all federal workers and contractors that does business with the federal government.
- Require vaccinations for over 17 million health care workers at Medicare and Medicaid participating hospitals and other health care settings.
- Calling on large entertainment venues to require proof of vaccination or testing for entry.
- Requiring employers to provide paid time off to get vaccinated.
The afore mentioned highlights are just the highlights of the multifaceted plan the President has tasked OSHA with. For a more in-depth look at each area click HERE NOW!
OSHA will likely find a legal battle among employers, as OSHA is authorized only under certain limited conditions to authorize such standards and the validity of an emergency temporary standard may be challenged in an appropriate U.S. Court of Appeals per their website.
But, in the meantime, if you need or want Covid-19 training, check out our industry leading offerings:
Returning to Work During the Pandemic for Managers and Supervisors
Returning to Work During the Pandemic for Employees
Coronavirus: Guarding Against Covid-19
If you enjoyed this short informative read, make sure to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to be the first to know when we drop new content like this and much more. Don’t forget to also subscribe to our monthly newsletter highlighting industry trends, reg. changes, and exclusive offers. And if you’re still are unsure what industry leading training or compliance solution may best suit your needs, give us a call at (724) 806-1189 or visit us at learnhazmat.com and one of our team members will help you decide!