Are They Improving, and Are You?
Can you believe it is already that time of year? The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently released their Top 10 most frequently-cited workplace safety standard violations for fiscal year 2020 during their exclusive webinar with the National Safety Council (NSC). While the overall make-up of the top 10 list doesnâ€™t change much year to year, positions often change moving up and down, reminding us to stay vigilant in our safety practices and highlighting where we need continual improvement. So, without further ado:
10. Machine Guarding (1910.212)- Total Violations= 1,313 (previous position #9)
9. Personal Protective and Life Saving Equipment: Eye and Face Protection (1926.102) Total Violations = 1,369 (previous position #10)
8. Fall Protection: Training Requirements (1926.503) Total Violations= 1,621 (No Change)
7. Power Industrial Trucks (1910.178) Total Violations= 1,932 (No Change)
6. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) Total Violations= 2,065 (previous position #4)
5. Ladders (1926.1053) Total Violations= 2,129 (previous position #6)
4. Scaffolding (1926.451) Total Violations= 2,538 (previous position #3)
3. Respiratory Protection (1910.134) Total Violations= 2,649 (previous position #5)
2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200) Total Violations= 3,199 (no change)
1. Fall Protection: General Requirements (1926.501) Total Violations= 5,424 (no change)
Total of 24,239 violations, but a 2,676 decrease overall from the previous year of 26,915.
With our new knowledge in hand, where do we go from here? Lucky for you, Transportation Compliance Associate has created a proprietary learning management system that gives you 24/7 access to the trainings you need to stay in compliance with industry standards.
Our learning courses are purposefully designed with 29 CFR 1910 in mind. Each of our 145+ individual classes were specifically developed by OSHA professionals to contain quality OSHA compliant safety training for workers who are exposed to countless hazards on the job. Whether you need one class, or a multi-business training package, Transportation Compliance Associates offers classes covering OSHAâ€™s Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards along with a whole host of other options. Let us take the guess work out of compliance training and help you achieve all your safety and compliance goals. For a FREE consultation call us at (724) 899-4100 or check us out at learnhazmat.com and one of our team members will help you decide what industry leading training and compliance program best suits your needs