We all know it doesnâ€™t matter which side of the political isle you are on, when a new president takes office, changes happen. On January 21, 2021, newly sworn in President Joe Biden signed an Executive Order on Protecting Worker Health and Safety. The new Executive Order directs the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to:
- Revise guidance to employers on workplace safety during the COVID-19 pandemic with in 2 weeks of the EO.
- Consider an emergency temporary standard in relation to masks in the workplace and their necessity by March 15, 2021
- Review OSHA enforcement efforts and identify changes that will better protect workers.
- Create and launch a national program to focus OSHA enforcement efforts in regards to COVID-19 violations
- Create a multi-lingual outreach campaign.
Eight days later, OSHA also posted new guidance for Protecting Workers covering 16 of the most effective COVID-19 prevention programs to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As we continue to navigate these uncharted waters many states have passed their own guidance and regulations to protect workers in the absence of a Federal standard. As things continue to change, keep checking back with us as we will continue to follow the actions of the Executive Order.
In the meantime, you can find industry leading COVID-19 trainings like:
- Coronavirus: Guarding Against COVID-19
- Returning to Work During the Coronavirus Pandemic for Employees
- Returning to Work During the Coronavirus Pandemic for Managers and Supervisors
And while weâ€™re on the topic of changes, if youâ€™re like most of us, you still feel like you have too little time to stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world of hazmat shipping and transportation. Which is exactly why you should opt-in to our newsletter or follow our blog. Most reads are under 5 min and offer you the highlights of all the important changes like the one listed above. So, whether you need guidance on hot topics, training, or a complete compliance solution, Transportation Compliance Associates can handle all your needs. For a FREE consultation call us at (724) 899-4100 or check us out at learnhazmat.com and one of our team members will help you decide what industry leading training and compliance program best suits