The NOT TOP 10 Awards
A Participation Award You Don’t Want!
That time is upon us again, where we find out the TOP 10 Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Violations for the year. In case you missed the live unveiling on October 12, 2021 at the Orange County Convention Center for the National Safety Council’s 2021 Safety Congress and Expo in Orlando, Florida, we have you covered! While the list doesn’t tend to change much, we did notice some changes that will be highlighted below:
10. Machinery and Machine Guard: General requirements (29 CFR 1910.212) Total violations- 1,113 (no change in position, but a decrease in violations from last year’s 1,313).
9. Power Industrial Trucks: General Requirements (29 CFR 1910.178) Total violations- 1,420 (previous position 7, a decrease in violations from last year’s 1,932)
8. Eye and Face Protection (29 CFR 1926.102) Total Violations- 1,452 (previous position 9, an increase from last year’s 1,369)
7. Fall Protection: Training Requirements (29 CFR 1926.503) Total violations- 1,666 (previous position 8, an increase from last year’s 1,621)
6. Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout): General Requirements (29 CFR 1910.147) Total Violations- 1,698 (No change in position, but a decrease in violations from last year’s 2,065)
5.Hazard Communication Standard: General Requirements (29 CFR 1910.1200) Total Violations- 1,947 (previous position 2, a decrease from last year’s 3,199)
4. Scaffolding: General Requirements-Construction (29 CFR 1926.451) Total Violations- 1,948 (no change in position, but a decrease from last year’s 2,538)
3. Ladders: Construction (29 CFR 19266.1053) Total Violations- 2,026 (previous position 5, but a decrease from last year’s 2,129)
2.Respiratory Protection: General Industry (29 CFR 1910.134) Total Violations- 2,527 (previous position 3, but a decrease from last years 2,649)
1. Fall Protection: General Requirements (29 CFR 1926.501) Total Violations- 5,295 (no change in position, but a decrease from last years 5,424)
Total of 21,083 violations, but a decrease of 3,156 total violations from the previous year’s 24,239.
While one violation is one too many, as an industry we are moving in the right direction and continually striving to lower our risk, injuries, and violations. Thankfully for you, Transportation Compliance Associates, Inc. has compiled a suite of industry leading OSHA courses to help you continue your downward trend of safety violations.
Our learning courses are purposefully designed with 29 CFR 1910 in mind. Each of our 145+ individual classes were specifically developed by OSHA professionals to contain quality OSHA compliant safety training for workers who are exposed to countless hazards on the job.
Whether you need one class, or a multi-business training package, Transportation Compliance Associates offers classes covering OSHA’s Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards along with a whole host of other options. Let us take the guess work out of compliance training and help you achieve all your safety and compliance goals. For a FREE consultation call us at (724) 899-4100 or check us out at learnhazmat.com and one of our team members will help you decide what industry leading training and compliance program best suits your needs