Shipping Dry Ice can vary from shipping other types of hazardous materials. DOT requires all hazmat employees be trained in general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific training (49 CFR 172.704). Air shippers must also comply with additional regulatory mandates provided in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. Fines for non-compliance are on the rise, it is critical that shippers of infectious substances are fully trained in the regulations. Dry Ice online course is meant as a supplement to our DOT or IATA course. Students who complete this course after taking our DOT or IATA course.
- What is dry ice
- Hazardous Materials Table 49 CFR 172.101
- IATA 4.2 List of Dangerous Goods
- Domestic Air Shipments
- General Requirements
- Marks and Labels
WHO NEEDS THIS TRAINING
- Any employee who performs pre-transportation functions for shipments containing Dry Ice.
WHAT MAKES OUR TRAINING DIFFERENT
- Our instructors can customize your training to the hazards that you ship! Contact us to find out how to get your training customized!
- We provide after support for the length of your certification.
- Students who complete this course have a clearer understanding of the regulations.
- Duration 15 minutes
- Language English
- Assessments Yes